The Survey Lab is a research center in the Division of Social Sciences at the University of Chicago and a charter member of the Association of Academic Survey Research Organizations.
The Survey Lab collects social scientific data and trains students in data collection methods. We collaborate with academic researchers and nonprofit organizations in a variety of areas including childcare, health, hunger, sexuality, education and the arts.
We specialize in studies that require special attention to individual cases, often involving a mix of qualitative and quantitative components.
Our services include:
- Mail, phone, web, in-person and mixed-mode surveys
- Semi-structured orienting and exploratory interviews
- Cognitive interviews
- Questionnaire design
- Focus groups
- Observational coding and field work
- Data entry from paper questionnaires
- Consultation on research design